The Application Engineer-Sales is the internal expert responsible for helping customers select and size valves, regulators, instrumentation or other products for their specific process applications resulting in accurate and timely quotes that lead to orders. Primary duties include:
- Consult with customers, end users, and the sales team to determine appropriate and cost effective solutions for product applications in the process control industry.
- Improve customer relationships, loyalty, on-time delivery and quote hit rate through proactive selling and communication and accurate and timely quote and order execution.
- Work with our sales and service personnel to pursue opportunities related to assigned customers.
- Assist our sales and service staff in activities ranging from general presentations on our offerings to specific project pursuits. Application Engineer may travel to customer sites with other company personnel in pursuit of opportunities.
- Develop and drive sales programs to for the benefit of the customer.
- Support various scenarios putting together quote packages that address the needs of a specific pursuit. Flexibly coordinate with multiple suppliers and our warehouse and service personnel to profitably package solutions.
EDUCATION: Engineering Degree or equivalent training and experience is required.
GOALS: Contribute to the expansion of application and industry knowledge and profitable sales growth of the business.
MEASUREMENTS and MILESTONES: Meet sales and profitability targets for assigned product categories. Meet quote delivery, order entry, and delivery targets. Meet customer satisfaction targets. Develop new territory and key accounts from the existing account base.
If you are Remarkably Responsive, Aggressively Accountable, Colossally Committed and Annoyingly Accurate, we invite you to apply.
Job Type: Full-time