Education in Machinery Health Management
Regional Intermediate Vibration Analysis Course with Category II Exam
Intermediate Vibration Analysis/Category II Compliant (CEU’s: 2.8)
This course complies with Category II Vibration Analyst per ISO standard 18436-2: Vibration condition monitoring and diagnostics.
Category II vibration analysts are expected to proficient in:
- Selecting appropriate vibration measurement techniques
- Setting up instruments for basic resolution of amplitude, frequency, and time
- Performing basic spectrum analysis
- Maintaining a database of results and trends
- Performing single-channel impact tests
- Interpreting and evaluating test results in accordance with applicable specifications and standards
- Recommend minor corrective actions
- Understanding basic single-plane field balancing concepts
This course features the use of the AMS 2140 Machinery Analyzer in conjunction with advanced machinery analysis techniques. This course delivers specific training necessary for students to pass the Category II Vibration Analyst exam and be proficient in the required subject matter. Case histories on machinery faults are a focal point for accomplishing proficiency.
Basic Vibration Analysis course and a cumulative 18 months of field experience are recommended.
Category II Exam
The Category II exam will be administered on Friday after the course. Students will have up to three hours to complete this written exam.
- October 14 to 18, 2019 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
- Emerson 4935 Bowling St. SW Suite F, Cedar Rapids IA 52404
- $2,500 per person
- Lunch, snacks, and drinks will be provided
Payment is required at the time of enrollment. Please make PO, check, credit card payable to Stover Controls. Contact Janelle Shatava (Events@stovercontrols.com or 641 8445182) from enrollment assistance.